Reinforce your garage door & protect your home from hurricane damage.
Wind entry through garage doors can cause 80% of hurricane damage to homes and businesses. According to FEMA, a professional garage door specialist should evaluate your door for its ability to withstand storms. At DGD we take your safety seriously. Our reliable hurricane reinforcement will dramatically increase the odds of your home still standing after the storm. Contact us today for a free estimate before the next storm hits.
Contact Us Today
"*" indicates required fields
The DGD Hurricane Reinforcement Method
DIY methods often won’t stand up against a hurricane. We offer free, no pressure estimates and demonstrations for our Hurricane Reinforcement Packages which includes all of the following for maximum protection against any category wind-speeds:
- Ensure the lumber the track is attached to is securely anchored into the block or wood-frame walls.
- Install two additional jamb brackets to each track to anchor the track to the lumber.
- Install new heavy-duty rollers to prevent the door from being pushed out of the tracks
- Install 3″ structural reinforcements to each panel to supply the main strength of the system. This is the key element in the reinforcement of the door.
- Install one brace per panel for 100 m.p.h. reinforcement, and two braces per panel for 130 m.p.h. reinforcement.
- Install new heavy-duty galvanized springs to properly counterbalance the door with the additional added weight.
- Install heavy-duty hinges on each end of door and secure with 8 screws per hinge.
Vertical post reinforcements can be used in addition to our permanent hurricane package. The posts provide additional strength but you must be home to manually install them before a storm. The door remains inoperable until they are removed.
Our permanent reinforcements will provide up to 130 m.p.h. of protection in the event you are not home or unable to install the vertical posts. With our Hurricane Reinforcement Method, you can have the peace of mind knowing your garage door will withstand any category wind-speeds. And when your garage door can survive a hurricane, you dramatically increase the odds of your home still standing after the storm.
Doors with windows can still be reinforced. There is simply not enough wind that can enter through broken garage door windows to cause the updraft to remove your roof.